‘One Million Arab Coders’ Initiative -participation mechanism:
The ‘One Million Arab Coders’ initiative includes a unique, integrated educational program that is divided into several phases over a period of two years, through which a specialized software and programming curriculum is presented every three months.
- Students and trainers will be able to participate by registering on the initiative’s website.
- An online software development (coding) course will be offered.
- The first training module will start at the beginning of 2018.
- Participants will be awarded a certificate upon completion of the course.
- The top 125 coders will be recognized at the end of each cohort; with 1,000 training scholarships offered in total.
- Successfully trained participants will be granted the opportunity to participate in the ‘Arab Coders Challenge’.
- The top 10 challenge participants will be awarded $100,000.
- Instructors will also be awarded; whereby the tutor with the most videos posts and followers will receive a $50,000 reward.